“We give you a blank wall. You put anything you want on it, anywhere. Simple, yet powerful.”
Padlet is an online tool that you can use to create an informative and interactive online wall.
Here are some of Padlet’s features that make it worth sharing:
- It uses common software features such as drag and drop and autosave.
- Instant collaboration (great if you are trying out the Flipped Classroom approach)
- Multimedia capabilities including adding YouTube videos, photos, and documents such as Word Documents and PDFs directly to the wall.
- You can select different privacy features. You can make your wall public, private, or you can share it with a select few.
- You can select different sharing features. You can set permissions for individuals to be able to add to or alter the wall or you can make it to where they are only allowed to view your wall.
- It works on mobile devices.
- It’s embeddable. There is already a plug-in for WordPress (Yay!!)
- Plus you can choose your own web address/URL for your wall. You can pick a padlet.com address or you can pick a domain that you already own. My padlet.com address for my presentation is http://padlet.com/wall/bclevelandsoccer.
I created a wall for a class presentation using Padlet instead of PowerPoint. You can see how I used Padlet for my project by clicking here. You can also few other, possibly more impressive, walls by viewing the Padlet Gallery.
Want to give it a try? Click the Build a wall icon below to get started.